When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to provide some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in Orange. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. We’ll continue to update this information as more becomes available. If you have questions, contact the City’s Short-Term Rental Office at 714-744-2225 or email@example.com.
Based on regulations in the City of Orange, a permit will only be issued for a property owned by an individual or a personal trust. Priority is given to City of Orange residents and owner-occupied properties. Permits are limited to two properties per owner and are allowed only in zones which allow residential uses, except mobile home zones.
The application process includes the following requirements:
- Submit business license application and TOT registration form with your short-term rental permit application
- Submit to initial inspection of the rental by the City
- Provide information for local contact person who can respond to complaints within 30 minutes
- Provide diagram of location of property and parking (including off-street parking) with your application
- Complete an executed indemnification document (sample here)
Once you have received your permit, please be sure to follow the City’s operating requirements. These include setting a two-night minimum for stays, providing off-street parking, and remitting TOT on a monthly basis. A complete list of operating requirements can be found here.
Taxes and fees
The following fees are required in order to obtain a short-term rental permit:
- Business license ($260)
- Short-term rental permit ($250)
Payment of the City’s 10% Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) must be made for each stay.
Our commitment to your community
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
- Yountville, KaliforniaJeśli chcesz zostać gospodarzem Airbnb, zapoznaj się z informacjami o tym, jakie przepisy obowiązują w Twoim mieście.
- Huntington Beach, KaliforniaJeśli chcesz zostać gospodarzem Airbnb, zapoznaj się z informacjami, dzięki którym dowiesz się, jakie przepisy obowiązują w Twoim mieście.
- Indianapolis (Indiana)Strona na temat odpowiedzialnego wynajmowania dla gospodarzy mieszkających w Indianapolis w stanie Indiana.