To access certain parts of your account, we might require you to complete 2-step authentication. This is an extra layer of security that helps us confirm the person logging in is really you.
How it works
It’s a two-step process:
- You log into to your Airbnb account with your username and password
- Then, you verify your identity by entering a one-time passcode that we’ll send to your phone
Why it’s required
This enhanced security measure is required by regional regulations. It’s designed to help protect your personal information, such as your payout details.
How to set it up
First, go to Account settings > Personal info on a web or mobile browser and add your phone number if you haven’t already. Then:
- Go to Account settings > Login & Security or Personal info
- From the Set up 2-step authentication banner at the top of either page, click or tap Set up now
- Choose how you’d like to receive your one-time passcode—via text (SMS) or a phone call—and enter it when prompted
- Create a personal identification number (PIN)
- Add security questions that only you can answer
To edit your PIN or security questions, click Forgot PIN?
Updating your phone number
When you edit your phone number, that will become the number we send your passcode to. Because regulations may require a waiting period of several days after your update, access to certain parts of your account may be temporarily unavailable if you don’t have another number on your account.
If you're having trouble setting up 2-step authentication, the most effective way to contact us for help is to click or tap the Need help link from the Confirm Account screens at the start of your set up. It may take our support team up to 1 business day to respond.