Watch the animals while I explain the brain chemicals that motivate them. It's easy to see how animals respond to dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, endorphin & cortisol; and that helps us recognize these chemicals in ourselves.
Our natural happy chemicals reward you with a good feeling when you meet a survival need. Unhappy chemicals alarm you with a bad feeling when you see a survival threat. To see how this works, we'll start with small-brained animals and work up. You'll discover the survival choices animals make in every moment and see amazing parallels with our daily lives. We'll talk about the stress chemicals too. It's not easy being mammal!
- Your questions are welcome! I can address your specific interests since I have studied the animal brain a lot.
- Well-behaved children are welcome because I address reproductive behavior with family-friendly euphemisms.
- I speak Spanish & French. The tour is in English but I can translate some phrases.
- It's fun! You will come away with a deep respect for the happy power of your brain!
- Logistics: You purchase your own admission tickets. (In advance if possible) We meet at the MAIN entrance. I can provide transportation advice.
- The focus is on wild animals since our brain evolved in the wild, but domesticated animals (zoo + pets) can teach us something.
- Flexibility: I'm happy to schedule other times/places on request.